Sandwich with Southwest Dressing
Meal Type: entree
Raw sandwich with southwest chipotle dressing. So delicious!
High-speed blender, dehydrator, food processor
For the buns:
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 cup sprouted buckwheat flour
- 1 1/4 cup zucchini, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 cup flax meal
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 1/2 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- 1 tablespoon sundried tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 tablespoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- White sesame seeds for garnish
For the Dressing:
- 1 cup cashews, soaked
- 1/4 cup tomatoes, chopped
- 2 tablespoons onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 1/2 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon chipotle powder
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup olive or grapeseed oil
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
For the Filling:
- Lettuce, chopped
- Mushrooms, sliced
- Cucumber, sliced
- Avocado, sliced
- Tomatoes, sliced
- Bell pepper, sliced
- Blend all ingredients in the food processor except flax meal, sundried tomatoes and herbs.
- Add water if the mixture is too thick. It should be the consistency of a cream.
- Transfer mixture in a bowl and mix in the flax meal, herbs and sundried tomatoes.
- Shape into buns, top rounded and bottom flat. Sprinkle sesame seeds on top buns.
- Dehydrate 24-36 hours.
- Mix all dressing ingredients in high-speed blender except oil. Once the mixture is smooth, add oil in a stream while the blender is running to emulsify.
- Take bottom bun and add a spoonful of dressing. Add the lettuce, mushrooms, cucumber, avocado, tomato and bell pepper and top with more dressing.
- Finish with top bun and slice in two.
- Serve with a side of Kale Chips or Cole Slaw.
You can substitute the chipotle powder with chili powder. Do not make the buns too thick or they will not dehydrate properly.
Dehydration time: 24-36 hours
Type: Gluten-free, raw
Culinary Tradition: USA (South-West)