Meal Type: salad or side
Number of servings: 5
Super light and fresh Cole Slaw as a summer salad or side for your dishes
High-speed blender, Mandoline
- 1 head green cabbage
- 2 large or 3 small carrots, peeled
- 1/4 sweet onion, peeled
- 3/4 cup cashews, soaked
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons raw apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons agave or honey
- 1 tablespoon dry mustard or prepared mustard
- 1/4 garlic clove
- 1/4 cup olive or canola oil
- 1 teaspoon celery seeds
- Celtic sea salt or Himalayan salt and pepper to taste
- Using your mandoline, slice cabbage, carrots and onion thinly and place in a bowl.
- Blend the remaining ingredients except celery seeds and oil until smooth.
- Add the oil in a stream while the blender is working on low until emulsified.
- Add dressing to sliced vegetables and mix well. Sprinkle with celery seeds and mix lightly.
- Serve and enjoy.
If you don’t want to use the celery seeds, you can use some celery salt or omit it.
Type: Gluten-free, raw