Chipotle “Cheese” Kale Chips
Meal Type: snack
Delicious Kale Chips with spicy chipotle “cheese”.
High-speed blender, dehydrator
- 1 bunch of kale, washed, ribs removed and torn in pieces
- 1 cup cashews, soaked
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 4 grape tomatoes
- 1 chipotle pepper, soaked
- 1 cup chipotle pepper’s soaking water
- 1 lime, juiced
- 2 tablespoons raw apple cider vinegar
- 1 carrot, peeled and rough chopped
- 1 tablespoon cumin powder
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 tablespoons raw agave nectar
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- Blend all ingredients except kale in a high-speed blender. Blend until smooth.
- Massage the creme onto the kale pieces making sure it covers all surfaces.
- Place “cheesy” kale chips on dehydrator screen. Do not overcrowd.
- Dehydrate for 8-12 hour or until crisp.
You can substitute the chipotle chili with another dry chili such as ancho chili or use fresh chilis.
Dehydration time: 8-12 hours
Type: Gluten-free, raw
Culinary Tradition: USA (South-West)