Today was the soft opening of the 105Degrees Café. It is a restaurant attached to the culinary school for the public to enjoy raw food preparation. My husband and I were invited to stay for the soft opening after we picked-up my uniform.
Here is what we enjoyed as our meal:
1. Sesame Noodles, Red Chili Cashews, Green onions.
2. Aged Cheese Tasting: Macademia, Cashew, Pumkin Seeds, Toast, Raw Honey and Merlot Grape Chutney.
This is a picture of the Aged Cheese Tasting plate. It was absolutely delicious. The toast, which was dehydrated was full of bursting flavors and the combination the cheese with the Chutney was fabulous! Very filling though but we could not stop.
The noodles were made out of kelp which is a very neutral taste. The dressing was delicious!
1. Portobello mushroom Piccata, “Creamy Mashed Potatoes”.
Ok, this dish was soooooo creamy delicious and full of flavors that my husband said: “Incredible!” Just a note: my husband loves filet mignon with mashed potatoes so for him to say that the raw dish **with no potatoes or meat and RAW** was incredible was actually incredible!
2. OM Garden Mushroom Pizza, Pignoli Cream, Marjoram, Sun Dried Tomatoes, Black Truffle Oil.
Ok, how about having a very satisfying raw nourishing organic delicious filling pizza? I was actually blown away by the creamy texture of the pignoli cream. It was so smooth! The “pizza dough” was made out of a tasty dehydrated mixture that was delicious.
I was already getting full but we wanted to finish that meal with a little sweetness….
1. Malted Chocolate Tart, Cacao Macaroon Crust. This was a very rich dessert. Very chocolaty and very dense. You got to love dark chocolate for this one!
2. Cinnamon Trio. This was very interesting. There were three different cinnamon desserts on the plate. A cinnamon ice-cream. a cinnamon truffle and a cinnamon cream. Well, needless to say that we were absolutely stuffed and happy. However… NO SUGAR HIGH OR AFTER LUNCH COMA! That’s the perk of eating raw!